Cara House offers a safe place for children, adults and families to heal from the impacts of trauma and abuse.
The philosophy of Cara House is embodied in the research and literature of Resilience and Recovery.
It is exemplified in the understanding that healing is a personal journey that is strengthened by tapping into resources, interests, strengths, relationships and community networks available to all people.
Cara House is also a place for children and adults to learn new, respectful and non violent ways of relating to others.
At Cara House, we believe that safety is a basic human right of all children. We therefore operate from a child protection framework where children’s safety is always paramount.
Training for Organisations 2012
Cara House offers a range of high quality training / courses which can be catered to Organisation's individual learning needs. These include the following:
- Wrapped in Angels: Resilience Based Connections
- Wrapped in Angels: Group Work for Children
- P.R.I.Z.E : Reflectful and Mindful Practices for Managers and Supervisors
- Towards Compassion: Strengthening and Supporting the Worker
- The Otherside of Trauma: The Psychobiology of Hope and Love
- Awakening the Soul: The Psychobiology of Trauma
- Complex Trauma: An Intervention Framework for Children and Young People
- Trauma: Interventions with Adults
- Two Trees: A Groupwork Program for Children in Out Of Home Care
- Tell Them I’m Not Evil: Working with Children’s Sexual Behaviour Problems
- Doing the Ordinary: Resilience Based Practice with Children and Young People
- Protected Today Safer Tomorrow: Working with Men who use Violence In The Home
For more information please contact us
Training at Cara House
WRAPPED IN ANGELS: GROUP WORK FOR CHILDREN
October 4 - Nov 28 (6 Week Program) More information